Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is offered by full research. To complete the PhD programme, students are required to:
1. Pass with at least a B grade the following pre-requisite courses during the first two (2) semesters of their enrolment (i.e. before being allowed to defend their thesis proposal):
a. SZRZ6014 Research Methodology;
b. SCLE6014 Academic Writing; and/or
c. Any other courses as determined by the supervisor or Academic Committee.
2. Attend at least one (1) Colloquium session arranged by the respective school.
3. Present and defend proposed research/thesis to a committee;
4. Produce at least two (2) articles, by choosing either (Option A or Option B):
a. at least one (1) article is accepted for publication in ISI Journal or Scopus; and
b. at least one (1) article is under review for publication in a refereed journal.
Two (2) articles are published in a refereed journal
5. Attend a viva voce session to defend the thesis; and
6. Submit a written thesis